Applying for a school place at times other than the normal admissions round
There are two main reasons why you might be applying for a school place other than at the time of the normal admission round: You might be moving house or unhappy with your child's current school.
Hampshire residents ....
- applying for a place at a Hampshire maintained school or academy must complete the Hampshire online application form. You will receive a reply in writing, normally with 10 school days. If you do not wish to apply online, you can request a paper application form from a Hampshire school or download one from the link below.. Once you have completed the form, return it to the school. Please note that schools regard a telephone call as an enquiry, not an application for a place.
- applying for a school place in another local authority in England, must complete the Hampshire online application form. The Hampshire Admissions Team will then contact the other local authority to establish whether they are able to offer a place at your preferred school(s). You will receive a reply in writing, normally within 10 school days, from the Hampshire Admissions Team.
- living in England wishing to apply for a place in a Hampshire school should contact their home local authority to ask for an application from and information about the process.
- living outside England wishing to apply for aplace in a Hampshire school must complete the Hampshire online application form and send evidence of their new address in Hampshire to the County Admissions Team.
If you are moving house
Evidence of your new address should be sent to the County Admissions Team. Proof of exchange of contracts or a signed tenancy agreement will normally be accepted. For service families, with official proof of posting to Hampshire and a relocation date, a Unit postal address or quatering area address will be accepted as the address for the application.
Receiving the decision
- If you are offered a place, your child will be required to start at the school within four weeks
- If the school cannot offer your child a place, you will receive a letter of refusal containing details of what to do next.
- If you are refused a place at the school, you can ask to put your child's name on the waiting list and you may also appeal against the decision not to admit your child.
If you need help and guidance finding a school place for your child, you should contact the County Admissions Team on 0845 603 5623 www.hants.gov.uk/admissions . You may also request a copy of Hampshire County Council's admission brochure, which contains the same information
Applications for admission during the academic year 2012-2013 can be considered at any time and the school may hold the place for four school weeks. However, applications for admission at the start of the term in September 2013 will be considered from 10th June 2013.
To find out more about the catchment critera applied to applicants please see the links to Harrison Primary School's admissions policies. They are published as a guide only and parents should contact the school office on 01329 234016 for full details and information on applying for their child to start school.